Responsibilities of a hostess
The intention is that your guests have an enjoyable experience at your home party
You feel satisfied at the end of the party
- Delegate effectively ;)
- A tour of the essentials - drinks, food, washroom, hangout area
- Give your guests something to hold - A drink/ plate of appetisers - This can make them more at ease. It's easier to chat when you can fidget with something in your hands :D.
- Introduce them to at least some of the guests. Break the ice - Mention qualities or experiences they have in common. PS: Not everyone is comfortable finding somebody to chat with.
- Write down a sequence of 'food to be served' list ( if not all already on the table). This helps those you delegate tasks to.
- Top-up on drinks, food
- Read the mood of the party. At different times during the party an introduction of a new topic OR a change of music tempo is required.
The most comfortable Hostess Aprons for women by Pretty Made